soccer-regOwen Sound - The City of Owen Sound and the Municipality of Meaford are pleased to announce an improvement in the minor sport registration process for Meaford residents.
Starting in 2015, Meaford residents will no longer have to wait for a refund for the non-resident user fee when registering their children for minor sports in the City of Owen Sound. Instead, residents of Meaford will only pay 10% of the non-resident user fee out of pocket – that's $10/child/sport for field/floor sports and $16.70/child/ice sport. The City of Owen Sound will track the registrations then send an invoice to the Municipality of Meaford for the remaining 90% that is subsidized at the end of the registration period.
For families with two or three children registering for one or more sports, this means lower up-front costs and avoiding the financial stress of waiting for a refund. Owen Sound and Meaford expect that this streamlined process will be a benefit to both residents and minor sport groups.

attack-parl-regThe Owen Sound Attack are set to kick off their 2nd Eastern Conference road trip of the year when they travel to Peterborough for a Thursday, Jan. 15 match up.Thursday's 7:05 pm puck drop is the 1st of three games in four nights, with the Attack playing in Ottawa on Friday before travelling to Mississauga for a game on Sunday, Jan. 18.

After having last week's initial match up postponed to March 3 due to weather, the Attack and Petes will meet with largely revamped rosters.Peterborough will be without World Junior gold medallist Nick Ritchie and captain Connor Boland after they were traded to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds at the trade deadline.

flinn-regThe Owen Sound Attack has named goaltender Jack Flinn the Becker Shoes player of the week for the week ending Sunday, January 11th.

The Attack had a pair of games postponed earlier in the week on the 7th and 9th, but finally took to the ice on Saturday against the visiting Belleville Bulls. The 6'8 netminder put together a first star performance, turning aside 35 of 36 shots in a 4-1 Attack win.

Flinn made his second consecutive start on Sunday, which was a makeup game for a contest against the Sarnia Sting that was originally scheduled for Friday night. Flinn was once again solid, limiting the Sting to less than two goals and turned aside 25 of 27 shots, but the Attack dropped a 2-1 decision.

The Halifax native finished the weekend with a 1.52 GAA and a .952 save percentage.

Attack.MacArthur-regBy Tracey Richardson

In a weekend where the Attack split its two home games, two trades made last week paid immediate dividends in Saturday's game, with overage centre Erik Bradford scoring the Attack's first goal in the 4-1 victory over the Belleville Bulls.

The Attack fell to the Sarnia Sting 2-1 Sunday.

The 20-year-old Bradford was acquired from the Ottawa 67s last Thursday for two future draft picks. Winger Liam Dunda, a six-foot-four 17-year-old, arrived from the Plymouth Whalers for a couple of draft picks as well.

"I thought the new guys brought good energy," Attack coach Greg Ireland said after Saturday's game. "Bradford's speed certainly drove the D back, he did a good job with his line and certainly was good on the penalty kill. Dunda is a north-south guy, gets pucks underneath, and (he's good) on the forecheck, very responsible. I think they fit in very well with our group."

attack-stink-postponed-regThe Owen Sound Attack's match-up with the Sarnia Sting that had been scheduled for Friday January 9th, will now be played on Sunday, January 11th at 6:00pm in Owen Sound.

Tickets originally dated January 9th, will now be valid for the re-scheduled game on Sunday, January 11th.

A reminder to fans that the Attack is at home on Saturday evening when they host the Belleville Bulls for a 7:30pm game.


CopyRight ©2015, ©2016, ©2017 of Hub Content
is held by content creators